Friday, October 26, 2007

Mazarron not a sprint

Hello.

i went on holiday recently, to Mazarron, near Murcia in the south of Spain with 'Er Indoors and we took my Mum (she's a massive fan of Spain and hadn't been in ages, it seemed only right). My mother decided to try and smuggle half of Asda with her, it was a bit like the 70's when Scots smuggled a ton of lorne sausage via Thomson and Dan Air to Spain.

It was a delightful break. 'Er Indoors and i went to the market in Totana, and found Brainiac trying to make the world's largest Tortilla Espanol (i'm not sure whether they succeeded, perhaps friends from Spain can let us know when Brainiac Espanol airs on the telly) and a proper old school paella dish (along with a bunch of mad huge spanish garlic).

We went to Puerto de Mazarron, and had coffees and lovely dinners, we went to Isla Plana, which in Spain was a small town near the beach, but in Scotland would have been a bird. There was a lovely wee restaurant there. We had barbeques and tapas and had swims and some sangria and loads of tortilla, manchego and chorizo.... lovely.

My mother also made us watch the BBC's new Robin Hood, as she is a big fan.

I personally found myself watching Doctor Who on my portable DVD player at the poolside under the full glare of the sun. I would have been put off by the glare reflecting off the screen if it hadn't been for the sterling efforts of Tom Baker, bringing his all to the role.

My only complaint would be that we stayed in a country club (we found a nice villa for rent on the interwebs) and it was a bit disappointing to go to Spain, yet find yourself in what appears to be a small village in the English Home Counties, where no one integrates into the local culture, all of the local business are English run, and no one speaks any Spanish whatsoever (which is why we spent so much time in the surrounding villages, which were great). Seriously, why bother?

Plus, i was getting seriously worried that we would get harassed by John Nettles investigating another Midsomer Murder.

7 Comments:

Blogger Uriel Nicolás said...

where is tracyanne??

8:52 pm  
Blogger Parisian Cowboy said...

Come to France.

Tracyanne, I love you. Marry me and I will cook delicious French food for you.

4:15 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi this comment actually has nothing to do with you're blog. I have to say this. my friend gave me the album '''lets get out of this country" and I think i've actually fallen in love. I remember my first love was Nirvana unplugged when I was 14 yrs.of age.

I've had a shit year and was in hospital when I couldn't make your last concert in Toronto.
I would like to let you know every night when I come home I put your album on really loud and sing along to lyrics as I do my dishes. that voice is like how icould picture an agel to sing. than you! holly

7:13 am  
Blogger Uriel Nicolás said...

come to argentina!
please!!

please!!

i saw you in a mexican TV, In-D!
well now...came to argentina!

argentina is beautiful! but to diferent,
come back margaret!
come back tracyanne!



kiss!
a garden kiss!

8:04 pm  
Blogger Os Robertos said...

Hey, I'm from Brazil and heard for the first time your version to Supertrooper...amazing...you're realy great...

8:27 pm  
Blogger Madidi said...

ohh damm! next time
say you you come to spain,
i promise you yo will eat the very best chorizo, manchego ever!! and mucho more...

1:03 am  
Blogger asteroide said...

Southeast Spain is full of this kinda of english-ruled villages. In Almería, near to Murcia province, you will find crowds of British with wearing their football teams shirts. Mine is Cetic FC!!!

But you also will find marvellous litte villages in the ranges!

Come to Almería after your concert in Murcia!

Best wishes!

5:34 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home